For Executive Recruitment to Qualify Your Productivity & Prioritise Your Valuable Time
Whether your career search as a Candidate is in digital, eCommerce, Technology, Marketing or HR. A Senior Manager, Director or Chief Officer. Based in London or anywhere. Permanent, Contract or Interim Management.
These questions will save you money, hassle and disappointment.
- Do you have an Executive Recruitment Brief and a Job Description? Why are they “hiring”? What’s the team and reporting structure? What are the key challenges in the next 12 months in this role?
- What stages and assessment methods are there in the selection process? How involved are you in selection?
- How many CVs are you sending? Are you including me? Are there other agencies? Are there any internal candidates?
- Feedback on my CV? Likes and areas for improvement
- What’s your personal track record at this level and in these industries?
- Do you meet your clients in person? HR or Business contacts?
- How would you describe the culture and environment with your client?
- Are any of your jobs retained, co-branded, exclusive or repeat business?
- How will we keep in touch?
- Would you like to meet me? Would you like any references?
- What are your organisations values? Why do you like your job?
- What can I do for you?
Maybe don’t ask them all at once and allow the Consultant to lead and facilitate the call initially.
Review their website, and professional profiles such as LinkedIn and Twitter for other quality indicators. Some Consultants spend years establishing new client relationships so may initially be protective or guarded, as you quite rightly may be with your CV and personal information.
If they are assisting the client with the selection stage, and recommending you for a particular career opportunity you need to know who the client is in order to offer your full commitment or not as the case may be.
One of many reasons there is such a wide variety of service quality in the industry, is due to the engagement model organisations use with the agency or consultancy and the business drivers which led to that type of relationship.
Finally, did you feel a natural rapport with a sense of trust, similar values, knowledge and common goals?
If you would like to receive a one page PDF with this content, simply enter your email below. Don’t forget to check your junk / SPAM folder or add @bluzinc.uk to your safe list. Sound odd? Read our blog on what you might be doing wrong and missing out of your dream career opportunity.