For you to achieve the best from your job search read our guide to help you secure your dream job and perfect culture fit and save a ton of hassle.
When your CV / Resume or online profile is being searched with Boolean type code (that’s how we find, the candidates that are not on databases), some proactive headhunters or recruiters will include keywords:
- Generic open market job titles
- CEO, COO, CMO, CFO, CTO, Recruiter, HR Manager, VP Marketing, Director of Operations, Technology Manager, eCommerce Marketing Director….
- The industry eg eCommerce, Retail, CPG, Health & Wellness, Biohacker, FinTech, Renewable Energy, SaaS, Marketing, Media…
- Product or Service or Competing Company
- we give our clients a shortlist of candidates who are from the competition, unless asked not to
- coffee, supplements or MCT oil for Bulletproof
- Rodan + Fields or “Organic” for Annmarie Skin Care
- “Agora or Musclebody or Beachbody AND supplements” for Advanced Bionutritionals
- Technology brand or product names
- Magento, Hybris, NetSuite, Venda, Shopify, BigCommerce, Klaviyo
- Nearly every professional is an advanced user of tech these days. It forms part of the selection criteria so don’t just put ECMS or CRM add the product names that you have expertise in
- Skills especially hard skills like programming languages, versions, environments – only your strongest, not a shopping list or words you happen to overhear. This word is now most commonly spelt: eCommerce however we still use asterisk wildcard to capture variations eg *commerce
- To find managers or leaders:
- budget, “team of”, customer, stakeholder, reporting to
- supplier / partner / vendor / customer / client
- Location of opportunity by a city (if you are relocating, your profile, resume or CV needs the target City on it)
- Top Achievers write things like:
- Award / Winner of / Highest / Lowest
- Qualifications / accreditation written without the plural s exactly like this:
- MBA, BSc, PhD, CIPD, Prince II, APMP, CIM
- Spoken languages of certain countries
- English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Portuguese
- Personal interests (if this isn’t on your profile, you are missing out on cultural matches, aligned vision and philosophy )
- Gym, coffee, biohacker, health, yoga, paleo, keto, carnivore, vegan, cryptocurrencies, skiing, the sports name, travel, friends, family, renewable energy eg solar, the environment, personal growth
A good way you can approach your profile writing to think “inbound marketing”, lead generation and helping buyers find you.
These ‘Easy When You Know How’ Tips Will Optimise Your Productivity
2 – 3 pages is the preferred length (3 is totally ok, and maybe 4), with narrow margins and full contact details and links to your online brands… it will be checked so no mistakes or hidden / expired web pages.
Don’t assume everyone knows what your company does. Always include industry, products or services and a website URL eg www.bluzinc.uk
Since the advent of the digital publishing and social media communication world you live in, bear in mind you have hardly any time to absorb information. If your profile comes up near the top in all the searches, and is easy to assimilate with bullet point achievements, you will be noticed more often by the best recruiters in internal HR.
With short sentence on role, duties, dimensions (£ / % / Growth / Reduction / Numbers), and responsibilities you are encouraging a call to action and will receive highly relevant emails and phone calls from prospects.
Before you hit submit on your application, an ideal way to format your profile document is:
Ford, Tom_Digital CEO_CV_Resume_BluZinc_Month_Year
When you are looking for your next Senior Manager or Executive Director job opening or Interim Management opportunity, get in touch via advertised careers in London, Austin, Atlanta, Boulder, San Diego, San Francisco, LA, New York, Vancouver, Toronto, Isle of Man, Europe, Durban and many of our clients offer remote, home office or workspace employment in your current city.
If you would like to submit your resume for any future roles we may have then you can do so now.
If you are interested in our hiring services then contact Jonathan Pearson, CEO to learn more about how BluZinc can do your senior hiring for you, with you, or teach your HR via the BluZinc Method Masterclass recruiter and HR training.