We want to help you get the very best out of your job search which is why we have put together this simple guide of resume tips to help you get your dream job. When your CV/resume or online profile is being searched, some proactive headhunters or Recruitment Consultants will include keywords for:
- strategy, industry, services, products
- generic open market job titles
- technology brand or product names eg Magento (nearly everyone is an advanced user of tech these days and forms part of the selection criteria so don’t just put ECMS or CRM add the product names)
- skills especially hard skills like programming languages, versions, environments – only your strongest, not a shopping list! This word is now most commonly spelt: eCommerce
- budget, “team of”, customer, stakeholder, reporting to
- supplier / partner / vendor / customer / client
- location of opportunity by a city (if you are relocating, your profile or CV needs the target City on it)
- achievements, awards/winner of
- qualifications/accreditation without .’s eg MBA, BSc, PhD, CIPD
- personal interests (if this isn’t on your profile, you are missing out on cultural matches)
A good way you can approach your profile writing to think inbound lead generation and content marketing, of yourself!
These ‘Easy When You Know How’ Resume Tips Will Ease Your Frustration and Maximise Your Productivity
2 pages is the preferred length (3 is totally ok), with narrow margins and full contact details and links to your online brand… it will be checked!
Don’t assume everyone knows what your company does. Always include industry, products or services and a website URL eg www.bluzinc.uk
Since the evolution of the digital publishing and communication world you live in, bear in mind you have hardly any time to absorb information. If your profile comes up near the top in all the searches, and is easy to assimilate with bullet point achievements, and you will be noticed.
With short sentence on role, duties, dimensions (£ / % / Growth / Reduction / Numbers), and responsibilities you are encouraging a call to action and will receive highly relevant emails and phone calls from prospects.
Executive Digital Recruitment – SEO YOURSELF!
Before you hit submit on your application, an ideal way to format your profile document is:
Ford, Tom_Digital CEO_CV_Resume_BluZinc
When, not if, you are looking for your next Senior Appointment or Interim Management opportunity, feel free to get in touch for careers in London and in key Global locations such as Austin, San Francisco, LA, New York, Vancouver, Durban and more…If you would like to submit your resume for any future roles we may have then you can do so now.
If you have found our resume tips helpful then please feel free to share.